“Nuad Boran” Northern-Style Thai Massage Training
All Thai courses are taught with a visual and hands-on approach. This lineage comes from the ancient “Lanna Thai” from the North of Thailand. These ancient arts are over 2500 years old. Both Level 1 and 2 courses are certified and the Thai Massage Training is recognized by the NHPC and counts towards CE credits. Whether it’s a full body Thai Massage or just the Thai Foot Reflexology course, you will learn how to give an amazing massage. This course is for you!
Level I ~ Foundation of Thai Massage
Prerequisite: Basic Anatomy
30 hours + 5 hours of case study
- This course covers Front Position (feet to face)
- Introduces the concept of energy lines (SEN) and Yin/Yang
- Teaches stretches, acupressure points, and proper use of body weight using thumbs, palms, elbows, knees, and feet
- Emphasizes deep-focused abdominal (Hara) work
- Upon completion students will be able to perform an effective 1 – 1 ½ hour Thai Massage
Level II ~ Intermediate Thai Massage
Prerequisite: Level I
30 hours + 10 hours of case study
- Expands on the techniques learned in Level I to cover the Side, Back (Prone) and Sitting Positions
- Advanced yoga-like stretching movements
- Upon completion students will have a substantial foundation of the major positions of Thai Massage and can expect to perform a comprehensive 1 ½ to 3 hour Thai Massage
Register For Lv 2
Level I ~ $625
Level II ~ $625
Level I & II ~ $1250
*Level 1 & 2 are needed to do a full Thai Massage (front, back, side and seated)*
(Price and condition are subject to change without prior notice)
***Custom dates are available with an extra fee. You can choose to take the intensive 7-day course or ask about specific dates that you need. Please call or email firstname.lastname@example.org ATTN: Thai Course***
My trip to Thailand
Important notes for students:
All courses are taught in a visual and hands-on approach.
At the end of each course, practical examinations need to be completed by each student. Upon successful completion of the course, the student will receive a certificate accredited by The International Thai Massage School(ITM) in Chiang Mai.
All students are required to receive a Thai Massage from the Teacher before the course starts. (Student prices are available)
Each student must schedule a practical massage of 90 minutes at the end of the 60-hour course to be done on the teacher. (This is to make sure pressure and positioning is correct)
- Students will need to finish case studies after the program before receiving a certificate. If you do not finish case studies you will not receive a certificate. Both levels must be completed before any certificate is given.
- Students are also required to make a cut and paste practice massage for their case studies and must be checked by the teacher before allowed to do case studies.
- Students are required to attend 100% of classes with a minimum of 70% average to graduate. If a student misses any classes a fee of $200 per day will be charged to make up missed classes.
- Students must do all the homework to proceed with the exam.
- Students who fail an exam may challenge it the following week and no longer than a month later. A fee of $50 must be paid per exam if you fail the first time. If you fail two more times, then the student is required to retake the level with a fee of $550.
- Deposit of $250 must be paid in full to secure your spot.
- An extra charge of $95 US each level must be paid at the end of the course for your certificate from Thailand. With this, you can go to upgrade at ITM if you choose at any time. You can choose to not pay for your certificate from Thailand, but you will not be recognized by NHPC, it will not count towards CE credits and you might not be able to attain liability insurance.
- All courses are seen by NHPC, MTAS Canada, THAI, AAMT, NCBTMB, Thai Ministry of Health and Education, Massage and Natural Therapies Association, and count towards your continuing education.
- Students will need pencil crayons, pen, pencil, scissors, glue, a digital file of new passport photo, photocopy of passport, water bottle, loose comfortable clothing or Yoga clothes.
- No refund after class started.
- Deposits are non-refundable. Deposit of $250 must be paid in full to secure your spot.
- Cancellation of course before it started is subject to processing fees.
- A student may postpone course by 3 months, depending on class size.
- Students needing custom dates are subject to an intensive fee depending on how intensive the class is. You can do Level 1 & 2 in 12 days. The fee for that is an extra $ 350.
- Payment plans are available. Please ask for further details.